Arizona SUP Laws
- PFD Requirement: Minimum age: Under 12, While underway, All length vessels
- Approved life jackets: USCG-approved Type I, II, or III, or Type V
- Alcohol Law – It’s illegal to operate a vessel with a blood alcohol level 0.08% or above.
- Lights: Use appropriate lighting when away from the dock between sunset and sunrise or during periods of restricted visibility
- Sounding Devices – Vessels less than 39.4 feet. need a whistle or horn to use as a sounding device.
- Registration – vessels without mechanical propulsion, like kayaks and canoes, are exempted from registration.