Florida SUP Laws
- PFD Requirement: One Life jacket on board per person. And children under 6 must at all times, All length vessels
- Approved life jackets: USCG-approved Type I, II, or III, or Type V
- Alcohol Law – Florida has Boating Under the Influence (BUI) laws—0.08% BAL is considered under the influence. 0.02% if you’re under 21.
- Lights: Use appropriate lighting when away from the dock between sunset and sunrise or during periods of restricted visibility
- Sounding Devices – On coastal waters, boats under 16 ft. must carry 3 nighttime VDS. Over 16 feet must carry 3 nighttime and 3 daytime VDS devices.
- Registration – vessels without mechanical propulsion, like kayaks and canoes, are exempted from registration.